This week, we announced our new online self-paced version of our Oracle BPM 11g Developer Workshop.
This is a unique Oracle BPM training offering and is the result of our experience from dozens of successful Oracle BPM engagements. For the last 13 years, I’ve conducted this workshop in a variety of forms – training hundreds of developers on this version of the product and every preceding version of the product. It's different than any Oracle BPM training that I’ve previously developed because:
- It's self-paced and flexible
- Students have two weeks to complete it
- There isn't a formal list of start and end dates during which this class is offered
- Once a student registers, they can view the videos and do the hands-on lessons any time that their schedule allows during those two weeks
- The hands-on portion of the training is done by students on their own dedicated environment running on an Amazon EC2 instance with Oracle BPM 11g already installed and running on it.
- Although it is online virtual training, Avio will have a mentor available to help answer questions and assist with the lessons during the two weeks they have to complete the training
- The videos are designed to teach both the core concepts and best practices in Oracle BPM
- The 14 hands-on lessons all reinforce the best practices and ensure that students leave with the knowledge they’ll need on their first Oracle BPM project
As the name implies, this is a technical workshop for Oracle BPM for both developers and architects. It includes both the process modeling concepts you will need to know, but it also includes some of the more technical aspects of Oracle BPM 11g that you will be expected to know on your first project. If you are a business analyst or a manager taking this workshop, don’t worry. As long as you have a few technical skills and you can pick things up quickly – you’ll be fine.
Here’s a short sample video from the class – Lesson 5 – Business Process Modeling (Part 2) .
The goals of this workshop are to:
- Get you quickly comfortable with the product, its features and surrounding technologies in a way that we hope you find both challenging and enjoyable.
- It’s focused is on developers and what we expect our developers to know before they go on an Oracle BPM project.
- The best practices we’ve learned on projects over the years are provided as you go through the lessons.
- This is called a workshop for a reason. This is a hands-on intensive class. You will learn by doing the work that you find yourself doing on your first Oracle BPM 11g project.
- You’ll be able to see the potential of Oracle BPM. Not every project you will be on will using Oracle BPM to its full potential. You should complete the workshop with a good understanding of what is possible to be done using Oracle BPM for your organization.
- Most of the lessons take about two hours to complete. Each one has a short video presentation of the key concepts, the terminology and best practices. This will be followed by a short demonstration of what it is that you’ll be doing in the lesson. You’ll then do hands-on portion of the lesson on your own that will give you experience to apply what you just learned using the Oracle BPM suite. Even though you may never have used Oracle BPM, even though you may never have modeled a process, even though you may know very little about BPM you should still feel very comfortable completing the lessons in this workshop. Each is written in a step by step, easy to follow and understand format. Each one represents a key skill that you need to master before you start your first Oracle BPM project.
- Each lesson builds on the previous ones. At the end of this workshop, you will have a completed employee on-boarding process. As you go through the lessons, you will see that there are challenge exercises. Be sure to do these as they are there to test your knowledge. It is also important to realize that in the challenge exercises, you will be adding artifacts that are needed in the subsequent lessons.
- Even though the lessons build on each other, if you ever find yourself later wanting to repeat the lesson on your own or you just want to see how I completed it, a folder on your development environment has a version of the application for each lesson for the initial start point and end point for each lesson.
- Quizzes are included that will let you test your knowledge of what you just learned.
If you’d like more information about this or any of our other training offerings, give me a call at +1 (972) 608-4777 (ext. 308) or email me at email@example.com- I’ll be glad to answer any questions you might have.