When Oracle first introduced the world to system integration solutions, it was a revolutionary concept that gave organizations the tools to improve both the productivity and quality of their operations.
However, as more software and applications have become available and business has become more sophisticated, Oracle integration no longer offers the same benefits it once did for the following reasons:
Oracle integrations are primarily built on point-to-point connections which limit their flexibility and ROI.
As you increase the number of applications in your network, the number of connections required to access data increases exponentially. This drives up the cost of equipment, development and operation.
Deployment is a lengthy process as Oracle solutions require a unique solution and more extensive components for implementation.
Oracle forces its customers to work with a dual support system (administrative team and production support team) which isn’t cost-efficient, creates redundancy issues and doesn’t provide a clear chain of custody when you have an issue that needs resolution.
MuleSoft, on the other hand, provides innovative integration solutions that give you what you need faster, easier and for lower cost.
3 Reasons MuleSoft Integrations is a Better Solution
1. MuleSoft API is More Efficient than Point-to-Point Connections
MuleSoft’s API-led approach means your organization is able to adapt and pivot, trading one application for another with reusable APIs whenever you need to upgrade.
- This provides you with the option to decouple your system, giving you access to more bandwidth on your network.
- In addition, reusable APIs allow developers to discover new ways to access legacy applications, data sources and SaaS apps, increasing agility, speed and productivity.
- They effectively future-proof your network because you won’t have to continually invest in point-to-point connections.
2. Deployment is Faster and Easier with MuleSoft
With MuleSoft, deployment is much faster.
- Since integration solutions are cloud-based, you don’t have to commit to a dedicated server and database, which can take a considerable amount of time to procure, install and configure.
- MuleSoft also has different connection offerings, many of which are out-of-the-box templates that puts your deployment at 80% complete the moment you click INSTALL. All you have to do is select the source and the target and the data starts flowing.
- With the efficiency of the API-led solution, a 4GB laptop is perfectly sufficient to write code, eliminating the need for costly high-GB laptops.
With this simple approach to implementation, you don’t have to be a developer to get it up and running.
3. MuleSoft Provides a Better ROI
Simply put, working with MuleSoft provides a better investment:
- Reusable APIs save your organization money by reducing the number of connections you need to be operational.
- The faster the deployment, the sooner you’re able to start utilizing your new solutions, saving your company money on implementation.
- MuleSoft’s plug-and-play solutions are also easy to install, freeing up your IT team to focus on other business-critical tasks like customer experience, security and regulation.
- Anyone that needs to work on coding, simply installs the Anypoint Studio Eclipse, a free app that any developer can use.
A Real-World Example
When tasked with updating their antiquated legacy systems in the face of reduced funding, a government agency first went to Oracle for assistance. They implemented 14 integrations in 26 months.
However, due to the in-house custom-built application that was inefficient and difficult to use, the network was plagued with regular system errors created by human interaction from the confusing data entry requirements.
MuleSoft was brought in by the beleaguered agency to replace the system created by Oracle. What originally took 26 months to implement, MuleSoft was able to do in six months, synchronizing the integration and streamlining data retrieval in the process. With a more efficient and agile network, the agency was able to be 35x more productive while saving $650K a year.
The Solution You Need
At AVIO Consulting, our goal is simple. We create and deliver simple solutions to complex issues, helping our clients achieve their future strategic goals as soon as possible. Partnering with MuleSoft, we provide out-of-the-box template solutions that implement integration solutions quickly and efficiently so that you don’t have to wait for your future.
If you’re working with Oracle, ask yourself, would you be better served with a solution that’s more efficient, quicker and easier to implement and can provide you with better support? If yes, MuleSoft is the solution you’re looking for.
Are you interested in implementing MuleSoft integrations into your organization? Get in touch with us at AVIO today.