If you are heading to Oracle’s yearly OpenWorld conference at the end of September, you know that diving into the content catalog can be a daunting exercise. As of this blog, there were over 2000 sessions and over 3000 speakers across OpenWorld and JavaOne. Some of the key themes this year for Fusion Middleware are mobile, cloud and developer productivity.
Many of the sessions I ran across have ties to one or more of these themes. It is good to see both product strategy as well as customer-focused sessions covering mobile, cloud and developer productivity. Here are 4 great sessions to consider if you are attending and active in the SOA and BPM space:
1. Oracle SOA Suite Tips and Tricks from Oracle Engineering (CON7577) - Anytime I can listen to the A-Team from Oracle, I jump at the opportunity. This session is likely to cover key best practices from the field and likely contains more than a few things you can implement in your SOA environment.
2. Achieve Rapid Process Excellence with Business Process Management in the Public Cloud (CON8092) - We are all watching how the Oracle Public Cloud offering for BPM will develop and help us quickly provision and gain the benefits of BPM. Plus, this session includes David Read from Oracle — always a good person to listen to!
3. Continuous Integration for Oracle Fusion Middleware (CON7627) - Developer productivity is a major focus of the Oracle Fusion Middleware product in 12c and something that comes up at almost every one of our clients. This session covers some of the major strides in enabling true continuous integration with integration with tools like Maven for build automation and Hudson for continuous integration. It also looks to cover automated test - a full agenda.
4. Service Integration Product Strategy: Oracle SOA Suite 12c, the Cloud and API Management (CON7736) - As many of our clients look at the mobile channel, the key success factor is exposing a company’s backend data to be easily consumed by mobile devices or other external channels. This session focuses on the key technologies that will enable that such as API Management.
Bonus: Below are two industry-specific sessions with customer success stories:
- Accelerate Healthcare Integration with Oracle SOA Suite for Healthcare Integration (CON7759) - Includes customer stories from three healthcare customers!
- Meeting the Challenge of Big Data in the Oil and Gas Industry (CON8436)
This is my first OpenWorld attending as an Oracle partner, so I am excited to be attending and sharing that information with our own clients after the event. Be sure to connect with AVIO on the show floor in booth 624 in Moscone South, as well as at various Customer Advisory Boards and other meetings. See you there!