Just wanted to let you know that AVIO has come out with a completely new online self-paced version of the Oracle BPM 11g Designer Workshop. This is a unique Oracle BPM training offering specifically designed for business analysts and managers, and it is the result of our experience from dozens of successful Oracle BPM engagements. For the last 14 years, I’ve conducted this business oriented workshop in a variety of forms – training hundreds of business people on this version of the product and every preceding version of the product.
It's different than any other Oracle BPM training because:
- It's self-paced and flexible
- You have two weeks to complete the hands-on portion of the training.
- It is on-demand. You can start whenever you have time and there are no formal scheduled start and end dates.
- Once you register, you can view the videos and do the hands-on lessons any time during the day or night that your schedule allows during the two weeks.
- The hands-on portion of the training is done using a dedicated environment I will have running for you on an Amazon EC2 instance on the cloud with the latest version of Oracle BPM 11g already installed on it.
- Although it is online virtual training, AVIO has a mentor available to help answer questions and assist with the lessons during the two weeks.
- There are 4 hours of videos that accompany each lesson designed to teach both the core concepts and best practices that business people need to know on an Oracle BPM project.
- The 12 hands-on lessons all reinforce the best practices and ensure that you leave with the knowledge you will need on your first project.
As you might be aware, the latest release of Oracle BPM 11g (PS6) has features that empower business people to develop full lifecycle BPM solutions. After completing this workshop, you will be able to use these new features. It includes not only the process modeling concepts you will need to know, but it also includes some of the business oriented features of the product that include business rules, web form design and testing, team development, the end user Workspace and process simulation.
Here’s a short sample video from the class – Lesson 5 – Business Process Modeling (Part 2).
The goals of this workshop are to:
- Get you quickly comfortable with the product and its new business oriented features in a way that we hope you find both challenging and enjoyable.
- It’s focused is on business analysts and managers and covers what we expect our business analysts and PMs to know before they go on an Oracle BPM project.
- The best practices we have learned on projects over the years are provided as you go through the lessons.
- This is called a workshop for a reason. This is a hands-on intensive class. You will learn by doing the same kind of work that you find yourself doing on your first Oracle BPM 11g project.
- You will be able to see the potential of Oracle BPM. Not every project you will be on will using Oracle BPM to its full potential. You should complete the workshop with a good understanding of what is possible to be done using Oracle BPM for your organization.
- Most of the lessons take about two hours to complete. Each one has a short video presentation of the key concepts, the terminology and best practices. This will be followed by a short demonstration of what it is that you’ll be doing in the lesson. You will then do hands-on portion of each lesson on your own that will give you experience to apply what you just learned using the Oracle BPM suite. Even though you may never have used Oracle BPM, even though you may never have modeled a process, even though you may know very little about BPM you should still feel very comfortable completing the lessons in this workshop. Each is written in a step by step, easy to follow and understand format, and each one represents a key skill that you need to master before you start your first Oracle BPM project.
- Each lesson builds on the previous ones. At the end of this workshop, you will have a completed employee on-boarding process. As you go through the lessons, you will see that there are challenge exercises. Be sure to do these as they are there to test your knowledge.
- Even though the lessons build on each other, if you ever find yourself later wanting to repeat the lesson on your own or you just want to see how I completed it, a folder on your development environment has a version of the application for each lesson for the initial start point and end point for each lesson.
- Quizzes are included that will let you test your knowledge of what you just learned.
If you are a developer, we also have a technical self-paced on-demand Oracle BPM Developer Workshop that is a better fit for you.
If you would like more information about this or any of our other training offerings, give me a call at +1 (214) 793-6468. I’ll be glad to answer any questions you might have.