If you have an end user who has turned on the option in the Workspace to receive emails, then the downside is that they will automatically receive an email for the work item instances that reach their Oracle BPM WorkSpace inbox. This is not a good option for someone who receives many instances every day.
If you want to customize the standard email Oracle BPM automatically sends end users if they have turned on this option, look at the activityNotification.mail file located inside your <OracleBPMEnterpriseInstallationDirectory>\conf directory.
This is just a sample XML file that you can edit. Once you edit the file, be sure to move this file into the Oracle BPM Enterprise Engine's home directory. You can determine the home directory to copy this file into by logging into the Process Administrator -> click "Engines" -> click the name of your Engine -> note the directory for the "Home Directory" (mine is C:\OraBPMSAEnterpriseHome\engines). Copy your modified activityNotification.mail file into this directory. Stop and restart the engine and test.
You also can also store the file in another directory if you specify the directory in the system property "fuego.server.notification.template.dir"
(e.g. java .... -Dfuego.server.notification.template.dir=/home/somedirectory/mytemplatefolder).
Join the Conversation
I searched for this file in BPM 220.127.116.11 installation but could not find. Can you guide me through this.
Is this file relevant in this release or is it part of earlier ALBPM.
This blog post was written a while back and explains how to customize outgoing emails for Oracle BPM 10g.
If you are using 11g or 12c and you are using ADF, the ADF forms you create can be used when sending out emails. Thes ADF components can be used:
When creating the ADF form to be shown in the email notification, these ADF components that can be used both for online and email versions of your UI:
• af:goLink (will render as text)
• af:inputText (will render as read-only in email mode)
• af:inputComboBoxListOfValues (will render as read-only in email mode)
• af:inputDate (will render as read-only in email mode)
• af:inputListOfValues (will render as read-only in email mode)
• af:inputNumberSlider (will render as read-only in email mode)
• af:inputNumberSpinbox (will render as read-only in email mode)
• af:inputRangeSlider (will render as read-only in email mode)
• af:selectOneChoice (will render as read-only in email mode)
• af:showDetailHeader (excludes helpTopicId attribute for instructions)
Hope this helps,
Thanks for the detailed info. This helps.